Wednesday 23 August 2017

Holes with stones around them...

... and other seaside somethings.


  From my various perambulations along the beach here, I bring you a selection of seaside flotsam and jetsam that I deigned fascinating enough to bring home.
  The thing is, all these pocket-fulls of stones and fossils and glass and shells are building up so that the interior of Chateau DeVice is slowly transforming into a beach... 


Glass fragments, worn smooth by the sea and sand

Belemnites - Petrified for your pleasure!

Just some unusual, non-holed stones

A collection of various shells



  Luckily, I've found a sucker hapless sod very kind soul who has offered to take some of these off my hands.    

::

  Finally, a little taster of my Tin Foil Hat as a reminder that your own Hats should be submitted for entry into the 2017 Tin Foil Hat Competition "Tin Four, Rubber Duck!" by midnight (or thereabouts) tomorrow, Thursday 24th August.
  As an added incentive, the winner (and possibly the runners up, too - depending on how generous I feel) will receive a small collection of these beach curios to display (or chuck away) as they see fit.

This isn't the final configuration, just the parts (pre-assembled)

.

10 comments:

  1. Luckily, I am on the right side of the IDL to make the submission...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IDL? Inexplicable DeLice? Ew... My flea-ridden cousin!

      Delete
  2. You were right the first time! I used to love picking stuff up on the beach as a child, especially the glass. I love the way it's worn smooth.
    And belemnites...I hadn't heard of them.
    I love the way you're practising ready for the insurance. 'The beach filled my bijoux Chateauette' rather than you landing in the beach one night in a storm.
    Is the boy going to model your competition entry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, yes, I hadn't thought of that. I'd better go and collect some more beach...

      As for Hat modelling: The Boy can't keep it up as it keeps falling through his non-existant head! So to speak...

      Delete
  3. Love these. Brings to mind sea glass we used to collect as kids. Nowadays, I suppose all the beach has to offer is sea plastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There used to be more coloured glass around years ago, but it seems to all be clear, now - I haven't found a blue or green bit since I was a young whippersnapper. Still, at least the plastic keeps things colourful...

      Delete
  4. My ducks are gone. Damn. I had them on my desk until I moved it - where are they ? It's all a flow, I say ... anyway, I did it, ha !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you did! And don't worry about the ducks - they wouldn't have been able to brighten up your chapeau anywhere near as well as their substitutes!

      Delete
  5. I like the beach glass as found art. Something so beautiful created from a little serendipity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is quite lovely when the sunlight hits it just right, isn't it.

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?