Wednesday 16 August 2017

Fourwarned is Fourarmed (or fourhatted...)


Yves Saint Laurent adds the four-
millionth (and final) layer of
tin foil to the fourth hummingbird
gallstone decoration that will adorn
my own Tin Foil Hat masterpiece
(I may have to widen the brim somewhat...)
[image via]
 You lucky, lucky people can breathe a sigh of relief: I've extended the Tin Foil Hat submission deadline by four working days (or thereabouts) to midnight on Thursday 24th August!  Mainly because I haven't had time to construct my own shiny chapeau yet, due to unexpected/unannounced/unnecessary visitations from Indescribable, the Little Witch and Grumplestiltskin; plus the eventual birth of Inexcuseable's first spawn on Monday morning: Spider-Monkey (because that's what he looks like at the moment). But also because some of you have resorted to time-travel to try and eke out a few more days of construction time...

 This means that the Gallery of Hats will open on Saturday 26th August for a week of viewing and voting, with the winner being announced on Saturday 2nd September

 In case you're new here, or you've had a sudden attack of amnesia, the theme for this year's Tin Foil Hat Competition is "Four" (with or without a rubber duck). How you interpret this theme is up to you: You may wish to make four hats (sounds like too much hard work to me); take four different photos of one hat (that's a bit better); fashion your hat into the number four; adorn it with four items of decoration (or four rubber ducks); or go for something more subtle (or downright obscure), such as the four stages of metamorphism of the superorder Endopterygota (good gods!).

 Remember: to enter, you must fashion a tin foil hat (with or without rubber duck/s), take a photo of yourself wearing said chapeau (or, if you are camera-shy, put it on a melon or other head-sized object) and send me the photo (email address is in our profile) along with a short technical description of the hat's functions (and what, if any, purpose the rubber ducks serve - if you included any), and/or a tale of fancy to go with it.
 The winner will be whomsoever garners the most votes from you, the voting proletariat masses select, and displayed on this here blog. There will also be a (yet to be determined, but you can guarantee it'll be cheap) prize, or prizes.


 Right. We'd all better get on with our hats then, hadn't we?! 

 

13 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind my creative interpretation of four as fore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew!!!! I was going to make it today, but I became embroiled in the Japanese fiasco. Thank you... though I'm not promising I won't time travel back here at some point and say phew again.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mind you don't bump into yourself here - I don't think the blog could cope with a phew-off!

      Delete
  3. More grateful sighs of relief here. Honestly! We're just faffing about here, but it seems to eat into time-that-should-be-allowed-for-other-things.There may be orchid photos over at mine later today as proof of my distractions) But I am almost at the detail-tweaking stage of hattery.Gertrude Schilling? pfft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Schillings? I expect your hat to go for guineas!

      Delete
  4. Fourth sigh of relief!

    Does this count as extra credit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only if all these sighs can be captured somehow to fill a tin foil hot air balloon.

      Delete
  5. Thank you! I had totally lost track of the days and now I can breathe a sigh (or 4) of relief and continue my work at a far more leisurely speed. (OK, you do know I haven't even started.) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, so Princess was right about your claims to be in R&D?!

      Delete
    2. No, I was in R&D and then I was in design mode, but sadly, it was all, figurative and not literal. BUT, work has begun literally. xoxo

      Delete
  6. I may notice a little rubber-duck-fixation in your post.
    Is it more the aspect of the coldish artificial material "rubber" you find alluring, or more the "duck"-aspect ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the smell. Well, that and they don't shit in the bath!

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?