Saturday 12 September 2015

Time for Tin Foil


 The time for terrifying tin foil tyrannosauruses tinkering is upon us!

 Yes, it's the 
2015 Tin Foil Hat (& other accoutrements) Competition!

Save money - Buy your tin foil in bulk!
 To celebrate the 10th anniversary of our arrival here in the 21st century, and the beginning of this blog, we've decided to host another tin foil hat compo.

 For those not in the know, a gift of tin is traditional for a 10th wedding anniversary, hence the hi-jacking of the tin bit to coincide with our 10 years of blogging.

 This compo shouldn't come as a surprise to you, what with the prompts, warnings and reminders that we've posted so far.
 
 Oh, except dear Savvy, who has displayed an uncanny ability to remain completely oblivious:


 This year, there is no theme, so it's "anything goes"!

 The rules of the compo are (much like the last two compos) as follows:
 
 To enter, you must fashion a tin foil hat and/or other bodily accoutrement (as we've considered allowing certain other accessories), take a photo of yourself wearing said chapeau/accessory (or, if you are camera-shy, put it on a melon or other head/body/limb-sized object) and send me the photo (email address is in our profile) along with a short technical description of the hat/accessory's functions, and/or a tale of fancy to go with it.
 The winner will be chosen by any/all of myselves, and displayed on this here blog. There will also be a (yet to be determined, but you can guarantee it'll be cheap) prize, or prizes.
 And "when do we have to get these photos sent in by?", I hear you ask? Why, no later than midnight (GMT) on Saturday 3rd October.


 All the entries (unless they're crap, in which case they'll be in a skip/dumpster out back) will be displayed in a gallery here (don't worry, we won't be using the Infomaniac Art Gallery this year, after the complaints generated from last year's fiasco) from Sunday 4th October for you to peruse and vote for your favourite. The winner will be announced on Friday 9th October, coinciding with the 10th anniversary, to much trumpeting and fanfare!

 For the curious and anyone new here, you can see the very first Tin Foil Hat Compo Gallery from 2010 here, and last year's here.

 You have three whole weeks to fashion a tin foil treat of such magnificent proportions as to eclipse Ms Scarlet's planned winners-podium-crushing entry, so you'd better snap to it!


Ms Scarlet's first delivery of tin foil awaits collection from a warehouse in deepest Devon

19 comments:

  1. The foil shelf at my local supermarket is stripped bare. Apparently, there was a sudden huge demand in Southwest England that has siphoned up all available supplies!

    May we substitute waxed paper instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How peculiar.

      Well, I suppose waxed paper would be more structually sound than cling film (or saran wrap, as I think it's called in the colonies)?

      Delete
  2. I'm slightly worried that everyone else seems to be using much less foil than me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By "everyone else" I assume you're not including Ms Scarlet?

      Delete
  3. Well, the shelves here I hope aren't bare. I will have to get the houseboys in line to help me get moving. Maybe I can have some tin delivered with my gin delivery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tin and Gin? What a combination! I can't wait to see what the outcome looks like.

      Delete
  4. Deadlines - bah ! -, who needs them ?!

    "put it on a melon or other head/body/limb-sized object" ... well ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was going to mention courgettes and marrows too, but feared for the amount of censored photos I'd be displaying.

      Delete
  5. Sorry, I am late.... I am exhausted. I am half way to completing a life sized model of Wales. I just need someway of attaching an ostrich feather plume... little things are sent to try us.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the one ostrich feather? I suppose less is more. After all, I suppose you wouldn't want to overshadow Wales.

      Delete
  6. Alas. My tinfoil merkin isn't up to standards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear. A little ragged around the edges, is it?

      Delete
  7. Say IDV, didn't you mention a "deadline" or something ? When shall this be ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most certainly did - "no later than midnight (GMT) on Saturday 3rd October"!

      Delete
    2. Oh thank you, pretty much time then.

      Delete
  8. Oh thank goodness I'm back home just in time to make an entry... And as a bonus the computer is working this year... I'd best be checking that the stores haven't re directed their tin foil stocks to Devon... *glares at Miss Scarlet*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like everything is coming together for you this year, Princess.

      Well, apart for the availability of tin foil that is...

      Delete
  9. *looks at the rolls of tin foil and scratches head*

    I wonder if I stuck one of my velociraptors on my head, whether that would work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see why not, Roses? I'm imagining a lovely feathered decoration to a tin foil tiara!

      Just mind your eyes don't get gouged out with their sickle-claws!

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?