Thursday 1 January 2015

New year, old fear


Beaky.

Mr and Mrs Beaky

Specifically, Beaky III and his wife. Remember that I told you about the rearing of their monstrous progeny in the holly tree? Well, I did.
 No you didn't. I've just been scouring our dusty archives and can find no such declaration.
I could have sworn I did. Beaky is not something that one tends to forget.
 Well, look for yourself, then!
Sigh... Fine. So I didn't. I meant to, though. Anyway:

The Beakys and a couple of their minions

They are alive. Alive!
 Plus, they've only gone and got themselves some Starlings to act as minions.
We're doomed. Doomed!
 Oh, stop being so dramatic.
 
For those of you who are blissfully unaware of Beaky, you can learn more here, here, here and here.
Or just click on the Familiar label.

8 comments:

  1. Sing a song of sixpence,
    A pocket full of rye.
    Four and twenty blackbirds,
    Baked in a pie.


    Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As he's got numbers after his name (Beaky the third), I think you should be grateful being graced by birds of such well placed society. AND with their minions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they're quite clever you know,
    probably plotting how to cook you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LX: And after saying comes doing.

    Roses & Norma: Hey! Whose side are you on?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look like they could use a playmate or two. Have you considered fostering a cat or two? I'm sure the birds would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you not keen on starlings either???
    I get to see murmurations [?] this time of year. And sometimes the lawn is a feathered mass... whilst the car is a poo-ey mess...
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw Beaky's Canadian cousin eating a dead squirrel the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eros: We've already got three. Fat lot of good they've been...

    Ms Scarlet: Thankfully, the minio- I mean, starlings, flock at the back of the house so Car stays poo-free. Mostly.

    The Host gets to see quite an impressive murmuration from his window at work. The starlings flock over the city in the afternoon.

    MJ: You're back! I was beginning to think you had been eaten by Beaky (or his Canadian cousin).

    ReplyDelete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?